Vacation Bible School
June 18th - June 21st, 2018
You're invited to VBS 2018!
Children, youth, and parents alike are all invited to come to High Pointe's Vacation Bible School from June 18 - 21 from 6:00 - 8:30 pm. We have planned a fun-filled, gospel-centered VBS program that you won't want to miss. And don't forget our Family Night closes it all out on Thursday, complete with a VBS recap, yummy free food, bounce castles, an obstacle course, and a petting zoo! We hope you'll join us this year!
Our Theme: HISTORY
From beginning to end, God is the author of the story of our universe! In this true story, we learn that God is the Maker of everything and that, in Christ, God is making all things new, including us if we trust in Him. What a worthwhile theme for us to explore together!
Be sure to register each child, youth, and adult who plans to come. Register all members of your household in one sitting. This info will help us prepare for a great VBS!
- Children's classes (1st - 6th grade)
- Teen classes (7th - 12th grade)
- Adult class
*Childcare available for those attending adult class (5 yrs old and under)
*Grade (above) refers to the grade completed in June 2018
Don't forget to buy a t-shirt!
This year our VBS shirts come in grey with our custom "History" logo on a premium NextLevel shirt. When you register, be sure to note the size and quantity of shirt(s) you'd like. Payments are received when you register.
One-Day Membership Class
July 7th, 2018
- Event Timing: July 7, 2018 (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Event Address: High Pointe Baptist Church (10203 Dessau Rd. Austin, TX 78753). The class will be upstairs in the Livingston Room. Enter the building at the north side through the "Office Entrance" doors.
- Event Description: The first step in pursuing membership at High Pointe is to attend the Membership class. The class covers the following four areas: (1) What is the Church & Why Should I Join? (2) What does High Pointe Believe? (3) What You Need To Know About High Pointe and (4) What Do We Expect of Church Members?
- Registration: To register for this class, simply click "Register Now."
- Childcare: Be sure to register all children needing childcare as well. Childcare will be available for children (infants through kindergarten). Please register for childcare by the Monday prior to the Membership class (07/02/18).
- 8:45 am - Sign-in/Light breakfast
- 9:00 am - Session 1: What is the Church and Why Should I Join?
- 9:40 am - Session 2: What Does High Pointe Believe?
- 10:30 am - BREAK
- 10:40 am - Session 3: What You Need to Know About High Pointe
- 11:20 am - Session 4: What Do We Expect of Church Members at High Pointe?
- 12:00 pm - Finish time
After the Class...
After you complete the class, we'll schedule a Membership Interview for you with one of our elders. The final step is to be voted into membership by the congregation. If you have questions about this process, email Brady Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disciple Now 2018
July 13th - July 15th, 2018
We are excited for your interest in joining us for Disciple Now Weekend!
We are excited for your interest in joining us for our annual Disciple Now (DNOW) Weekend! This year’s theme is The Good Life. Influenced by Trip Lee’s book by the same name, the goal of this weekend is to expose what the world and the devil promote as the most satisfying life and contrast that with “what The Good Life really is: a life within our reach and yet beyond anything this world has to offer.” Our speaker this year is Shai Linne. Shai Linne is a church planter who had the privilege of helping to plant Risen Christ Fellowship in September 2015 in his hometown of Philadelphia, PA. Before that, Shai did a pastoral internship at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington D.C., after which he served for two years as an elder at Del Ray Baptist Church in Alexandria, VA. Shai is also a recording artist with Lamp Mode Recordings, where he has released seven Christian hip-hop albums. He is happily married to Blair and they have three children- Sage, Maya and Ezra.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
The purpose of the weekend is to gather students and leaders together to draw closer to Christ through the study of God’s Word, singing of songs, and enjoyment of Christian fellowship. It is an opportunity for students to grow in their faith and to invite their unbelieving family and friends to hear the good news of Christ, perhaps for the first time.
WHAT GRADES CAN ATTEND?
7th-12th grade students.
WHERE DO I DROP MY STUDENT OFF?
Students must arrive at High Pointe on Friday, July 13th at 6:00pm. (Dinner WILL BE provided this year—see page 3 for schedule)
WHAT ARE HOST HOMES?
The students will break into groups and stay in the homes of church members for the weekend. At the homes, the students will gather for Bible study and discussion sessions. On various occasions throughout the weekend, the students will all gather together at the church building for worship through singing and preaching (see schedule). Host Homes will not be giving out wi-fi connection information.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
• Sleeping Bag/Blankets/Pillows
• Toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant [please!], shampoo, soap, etc…)
• Enough Clothes for the weekend (including play clothes for free-time on Saturday and jeans for Sunday morning worship; we will all wear our DNOW T-shirts for the service).
• A good attitude!
WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING?
• Bad attitude
• Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco, etc.
• Knives or weapons of any sort.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER?
Sunday, July 1