One-Day Membership Class
January 13th, 2018
- Event Timing: January 13, 2018 (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Event Address: High Pointe Baptist Church (10203 Dessau Rd. Austin, TX 78753)
- Event Description: The first step in pursuing membership at High Pointe is to attend the Membership class. The class covers the following four areas: (1) What is the Church & Why Should I Join? (2) What does High Pointe Believe? (3) What You Need To Know About High Pointe? and (4) What Do We Expect of Church Members?
- Registration: To register for this class, simply click "Register Now."
- Childcare: Be sure to register all children needing childcare as well. Childcare will be available for children (infants through kindergarten). Please register for childcare by the Monday prior to the Membership class (1/8/18).
- 8:45 am - Sign-in/Light breakfast
- 9:00 am - Session 1: Why Join a Local Church?
- 9:40 am - Session 2: What Do We Believe?
- 10:30 am - BREAK
- 10:40 am - Session 3: What You Need to Know About High Pointe?
- 11:20 am - Session 4: What Do We Expect of Members?
- 12:00 pm - Finish time
After the Class...
After you complete the class, we'll schedule a Membership Interview for you with one of our elders. The final step is to be voted into membership by the congregation. If you have questions about this process, email Brady Bowman at email@example.com.
Parenting Seminary: The Teenage Years
January 27th, 2018
We invite parents of teenagers to join us January 27 from 9 am - noon for a seminar on parenting during a time in the lives of our children that can be challenging, but very rewarding. Grandparents of teenage grandchildren are welcome to join us as well.
The Ministry Training Program
February 14th - May 16th, 2018
About the Class: Biblical Hermeneutics
This spring we will continue the Ministry Training Program by studying Biblical Hermeneutics, a class that will cover the formation of the canon and the principles necessary for proper biblical interpretation. Special attention will be given to the hermeneutical triad of history, literature, and theology. There is no cost for the class, but participants are encouraged to buy their own books (according to the forthcoming syllabus). All men and women are encouraged to participate. The class will meet on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:00pm and will run from February 14 through May 16 (except for March 7 and April 11).
- To register for this class, simply click "register" and input the necessary information. Be sure to register all children needing childcare as well.
- Childcare will be available for children (infants - kindergarten). Register each child so that we know how many to expect.